Sheriff starts central warrant division
The centralized warrants division is part of an effort by Montgomery County Commissioners to improve the management and collection of warrants, and is a part of several new additions to the sheriff's office made possible by the new 2012 fiscal budget. Commissioners chose not to raise the tax rate to 49.11 cents per $100 valuation which would have guaranteed the same amount of tax revenue from the previous year. Multiple revenue sources helped to avoid a tax hike which included a $10 million reimbursement from the state for road projects, a .5 percent increase in the collection rate for current taxes, projected taxes on new growth, and county's ability to reach into its rainy day fund, Moore said.
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
- Magnolia ISD high schools' lunch menu, May 20-24
- Obituary: William Robert Preslar Sr. (1927-2013)
Local Advertising by PaperG