Woodlands HS grad Paul Goldschmidt and Arizona lose heartbreaker
Woodlands High School graduate Paul Goldschmidt and Arizona watched a six-run lead evaporate, as the Reds beat the Diamondbacks 7-6 Thursday.
Goldschmidt went 2-for-5 with a run driven in.
On the season, Goldschmidt is batting .297 with 12 home runs 44 RBIs and eight stolen bases.
Goldschmidt was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 49 th round, 1,453 rd overall, of the 2006 Major League Baseball draft, but opted to attend college at Texas State.
He was drafted in the eighth round, 246 th overall, of the 2009 MLB draft by the Arizona Diamondbacks. In 2010, his first full professional season, he was named MVP of the California League and the Diamondbacks minor league player of the year after batting .314 with 42 doubles, 3 triples, 35 home runs and 108 RBI for Vasalia.
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
- Obituary: William Robert Preslar Sr. (1927-2013)
- 3 The Woodlands runners complete Rise and Shine 5k
Local Advertising by PaperG