Montgomery County Sheriff's Office investigating attempted murder-suicide
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office is investigating an apparent attempted murder-suicide that took place on July 24 at a home in Degas Park in The Woodlands, according to a sheriff's press release.
Deputies were dispatched to the home just before 8 p.m. July 24. Linda Terry, 59, was on the phone with dispatchers and said she could hear deputies at the door. Terry also said her husband, Billy Terry, had shot her and she could not get to the door.
Deputies forced open the door and found Linda Terry in the master bedroom. Linda Terry had been shot several times. The 60-year-old Billy Terry was found in another bedroom dead with a single gunshot to his chest.
Emergency workers took Linda Terry by helicopter to Herman Hospital. She is expected to survive her injuries. Investigators think this incident is an attempted murder-suicide, according to the press release.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Unit, Crime Lab, the Texas Rangers and the District Attorney's Office are investigating the incident.
- 13 The Woodlands runners complete The Green 6.2
- Ironman Sports Medicine Institute opens new location
- Interfaith of The Woodlands earns third place awards from Association of Directory Publishers
- Obituary: William Robert Preslar Sr. (1927-2013)
- 3 The Woodlands runners complete Rise and Shine 5k
Local Advertising by PaperG